In the new article we describe a new feature of IBProvider – supporting ADOX.Library.
There are 2 examples on Visual C# and VBScript which describe how to create Firebird database using ADODB Extensions.
See details here:
Create Firebird or Interbase database (ADOX, Visual C# .NET, VBScript)
New IBProvider 18.104.22.16822 RC4 release appeared.
Please visit IBProvider official site and get your new driver version and find more examples for new release: Firebird driver – 22.214.171.12422 RC4.
Would you like to know how to avoid error messages like ‘arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation’? in Firebird DBMS?
Please read related article here:
Three Reasons Why You Should Upgrade to the New IBProvider
New version of IBProvider is now available. The new release:
- Use Unicode Windows API for national alphabet.
- Has an improved compatibility with SharePoint Designer.
- Errors in the type converter have been eliminated.
Be quick to get a free license for IBProvider Professional
Quite recently, Firebird 2.5 Release Candidate 2 appeared. During regular IBProvider testing with new FB2.5 SuperClassic (RC2), we revealed a problem in the server: page 14194, page type 5 lock conversion denied (215).
The first person who publishes the reproduced example at our forum will be awarded with a free license for IBProvider Professional 64 bits Single Developer!
Today, on January 18, 2010, IBProvider celebrates its 10th anniversary. The grand banquet is preceded by the release of the latest IBProvider version with enhanced support of DDL and updatable rowsets.
- We thank all who have been with us all these years.
- We thank FibPlus, ZStyle Group, Gemini InterBase/Firebird ODBC Driver, Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver, IBObjects. Owing to you, we have what to compare IBProvider to; together we make a big deal of promoting Firebird and Intrebase among masses.
- We thank Firebird developers. Owing to you, people have a good free database server.
- We thank our clients. Owing to you, IBProvider has been developed and will be developed.
Changes in IBProvider
- Supports DDL query “COMMENT ON” in Firebird 2.1
- Updatable rowsets code revision in IBProvider
Read details here.
We are glad to announce the release of new IBProvider Professional v126.96.36.19966.
IBProvider works 4.5 faster than the former versions.
In the new IBProvider version, we removed the cause of low performance of IBProvider builds compiled in Visual Studio. Now these builds work several times faster in both single-threaded and multi-threaded applications.
According to the test results, new IBProvider Professional v3 works 4.5 faster than the former versions.
Performance comparison graph here.
- We fixed the error related to the queries pool
- New component LPCI.IBP.Samples.RowCursor – the faster substitute for ADODB.Recordset
Source Fiebird driver homepage.
We are glad to announce the release of new IBProvider Professional v3 codename “Shaitan” . The volume of processed data is now restricted only by the free space on your hard disk containing provider’s swap file. In the earlier versions of IBProvider, when the system cache had worked out available physical memory, the performance was dropping substantially.
IBProvider Professional codename “Shaitan” is able not only to process tens of gigabytes of data, but does it substantially faster than its predecessors do.
This is possible due to the usage of more efficient buffering and cashing algorithms and multithread data handling.
Furthermore, support of GB18030 charset was added.
Download new version right now: Firebird provider download.
Performance optimization for repeated queries
New IBProvider v3 has the pool of SQL-queries that stores prepared and created commands and allows substantial time saving with a large number of repeated queries for Firebird.
Support of tables list getting in Delphi in Client Cursor Engine mode
Tables list getting has been brought into compliance with the requirements of dbGo components in Client Cursor Engine mode.
Attention! Special offer!
20 % discount for any IBProvider license is valid for 4 days only.
Please read details here: query pooling in Firebird
GUID type is currently not supported by any Firebird and Interbase server, but it is frequently used by different clients (for example, in ADO Entity Framework).
Boolean type is supported by Interbase starting from 7th version and is not supported by Firebird server. IBProvider can work with this type, but it lacks support from other servers.
New release of IBProvider 188.8.131.5246 supports Guid and Boolean types at driver level, and now you can freely use these types in your applications irrespective of Interbase and Firebird server versions.
Absolutely fresh article of how to with types via IBProvider:
Usage of BOOLEAN and GUID types in Firebird and Interbase.
New IBProvider Professional 184.108.40.20670 version has appeared.
Following changes were implemented:
- Commands cancellation support in Firebird 2.5 and Interbase 6.5.
- Support of new data type SQL_NULL in Firebird 2.5.
- Access to BLOB fields from ADOExpress (dbGo) bug was fixed.
- New implementation of result sets cache.
Detailed release description and code samples of the Firebird 2.5 implemented features available here: IBProvider RC4 220.127.116.1170