Firebird 4 is released
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 4.0 — the latest major release of the Firebird relational database.
Firebird 4.0 introduces new data types and many improvements without radical changes in architecture or operation, the most important are:
- Built-in logical replication;
- Extended length of metadata identifiers (up to 63 characters);
- New INT128 and DECFLOAT data types, longer precision for NUMERIC/DECIMAL data types;
- Support for international time zones;
- Configurable time-outs for connections and statements;
- Pooling of external connections;
- Batch operations in the API;
- Built-in cryptographic functions;
- New ODS (version 13) with new system and monitoring tables;
- Maximum page size increased to 32KB.
Please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes. The complete Language Reference is also available.
Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Android platforms (both 32-bit and 64-bit) are immediately available for download.