Firebird 4 is released
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 4.0 — the latest major release of the Firebird relational database.
Firebird 4.0 introduces new data types and many improvements without radical changes in architecture or operation, the most important are:
- Built-in logical replication;
- Extended length of metadata identifiers (up to 63 characters);
- New INT128 and DECFLOAT data types, longer precision for NUMERIC/DECIMAL data types;
- Support for international time zones;
- Configurable time-outs for connections and statements;
- Pooling of external connections;
- Batch operations in the API;
- Built-in cryptographic functions;
- New ODS (version 13) with new system and monitoring tables;
- Maximum page size increased to 32KB.
Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Android platforms (both 32-bit and 64-bit) are immediately available for download.