Firebird 3.0 #Debian Preliminary packaging is available in #Experimental
This package is meant to enter experimental, due to the high pace of upstream
development. Its goal is to provide easy testing of the new features of
Firebird and to have early exposure of the packaging helping to discover any
firebird3.0 is the third group of packages for Firebird. Squeeze is going to
release with firebird2.1 and firebird2.5. The plan for wheezy is to drop
firebird2.1 and add firebird3.0, if that has proven stable by the time wheezy
approaches releasable state.
Preliminary packagiing is available at
Firebird 3.0 represents the project’s next milestone release and it currently
gets the most of the development efforts. It’s going to offer some important
and highly anticipated features that were promised for a long time already.
* Revised architecture, including new authentication and configuration
* Scalable (SMP/multi-core friendly) multi-threaded engine with a shared page
* New ODS (version 12) with new system and monitoring tables
* External (Java, C++, etc) stored procedures/triggers/functions
* Reworked optimizer and new data access methods
* Security enhancements
* Various SQL extensions
Thhe first alpha release is planned for Q1 2011
released in Q1 2011
Be aware that the ODS (on-disk structure) hasn’t been finalized yet, so
databases could be incompatible between different unstable builds and you’ll
have to either recreate them or migrate them via backup/restore.