FDB Python driver v2.0 for Firebird is released
FDB Python driver for Firebird v2.0 is available for download.
IMPORTANT: This is initial release of new “SweetBitter” driver generation.
During this (v2) generation FDB driver will undergo a transition from
development centered around Python 2.7 / Firebird 2.x to development
centered around Python 3 / Firebird 3. There are some backward
incompatible changes between v2 and v1 generation, and you may expect
some also between individual releases of second generation. To soften
this bitter pill, the second generation will have new functionality,
enhancements and optimalizations gradually added into each public release.
The second generation is also the last one that will directly support
Python 2.7 and will be tested with Firebird 2.
The plan is to move forward with v3 generation (Python 3/Firebird 3+) as
soon as v2 code base will become mature.
* New modules for parsing Firebird trace & audit logs (fdb.trace), gstat
output (fdb.gstat) and server log (fdb.log)
* Added fdb.utils.ObjectList class for improved object collection
* Modules monitor and schema now use new fdb.utils.ObjectList for
collections of information objects.
* Methods fdb.Connection.database_info() and
fdb.Transaction.transaction_info() now distinguish between text and
binary strings with result_type code.
* Significant changes to documentation.
* Reworked Visitor Pattern support in schema module, added classes
fdb.utils.Visitable and fdb.utils.Visitor.
* …and more (including bug fixes).
Read more at http://fdb.readthedocs.io/en/v2.0/