Rust Firebird Client updated to v0.14.0 with a few features and enhancements
We have good news for everyone who uses IBProvider in critical and complex systems.
A «large», multithreaded, load testing of the latest release of IBProvider v5.21.1 and Firebird v3.0.7 (SS, Win, x64) has been carried out.
This is more than 7 million tests that were performed on a 10-core processor.
The main point of this testing was that the global cache of the SQL query parser was used (sql_cache__scope=db).
As usual, the built-in client for Firebird (dbclient_type=fb.direct) was used.
Testing completed with no visible problems.
See additional info at our web site: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_201225.html
Best regards, IBProvider Team.
Rust Firebird Client updated to v0.13.0 with Connection String updates and Backend improvements
A new version of the Firebird PHP driver is available. This version supports boolean support. Precompiled binaries for PHP 7.3 , 7.4 and 8.0 are available at the download section.
The driver is marked as 1.1.0 stable . Please report any problems to the tracker at https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/php-firebird/issues.
Firebird driver is updated with Support for Laravel 8
- Feature #62 – Change value of getDefaultLibraryFilename in MacOS.
- Feature #63 – Make getMaster return OS error when failing to load the client library.
- Fix #69 – Subsequent use of Statement::execute* methods may send incorrect value of input parameters.
PyFirebirdSql 1.1.4 is released with following changes:
- Add int128 datatype (Firebird4)
- timezone information hold as const values (Firebird4)
- fix dsn paramerter parsing
- Update error messages
More info at this link.
Alexey Kovyazin recently shared some interesting news:
FYI – http://firebirdtest.com
This website is a frontend of FBT + OLTP+automated scripts, supported by Pavel Zotov and some IBSurgeon employees.
It is running FBT tests on Windows server (8Gb, 4cores) for SuperServer and Classic for 3.0 and 4.0, and OLTP-EMUL for SuperServer 3.0/4.0.
Tests are triggered automatically, when new build appear at
As a result of test run, the report is generated.
P – passed (ok)
Failed test due to failed assert is marked as F (failed), pink
Failed due to runtime marked as E (error), yellow.
Failed due to Firebird crash – F red/violet
For each error there is a hint (mouseover) with details of the error.
After click on the cell, the new page will be opened with more details and history of runs.
- Total results for each kind of outcome and server mode
- ERRORS MAP: distribution of Firebird errors which occured during runs
- FRESH FAILS: tests which failed for LAST execution only
- FRESH ERRORS: tests which raised run-time error for LAST execution only
- STILL FAILS: tests which fail for at least two last runs
- Has fails: tests with at least one fail for previous runs
- Has runtime errors: tests with at least one runtime error for previous runs
- FRESH PASSED: successful tests with previous outcome = FAIL/ERROR/SKIPPED or absent
- All tests: outcomes – all results for last 30 runs
- All tests: A. Skipped: tests which was intentionally excluded from execution
Firebird OLTP Emul results
OLTP Emul simulates high load OLTP aplication, and uses many
sophisticated SQLs in multi-thread environment.
Our plan for the future:
1) Publish sources of automated scripts to GitHub (need to clean them a bit)
2) Perform Linux tests and include report results to the frontend
3) improve web representation – https certificate, design, etc
4) Migrate to the new FBT test framework when its adoption will be completed
We invite all interested to join the effort.
Pavel Zotov is a coordinator of the project – email@example.com.
We are welcome to join, and write in English for Firebird Advent Calendar