SouchProd.EntityFrameworkCore.Firebird is an Entity Framework Core provider built on top of the Firebird ADO.NET Data Provider. It enables use the Entity Framework Core 2.0 ORM with Firebird (2.x, 3.0) and Interbase.
CRUD operations are working (insert, update, delete, select), Scaffolding and migrations too (still contain a few bugs, some scenario could lead to an exception). Firebird 3 Identity columns are supported. Firebird 4 Alpha metadata charlength limitation (63 vs 31 before) supported.
Check more here.
Firebird Project announces the first Alpha release of Firebird 4.0, the next major version of the Firebird relational database, which is now available for testing.
This Alpha release arrives with an early preview of the features and improvements currently under development by the Firebird development team, as well as with countless bugfixes. Our users are appreciated giving it a try and providing feedback to this mailing list. Apparent bugs can be reported directly to the bugtracker.
Alpha releases are not encouraged for production usage or any other goals that require a stable system. They are, however, recommended for those users who want to help in identifying issues and bottlenecks thus allowing to progress faster through the Beta/RC stages towards the final release.
Please read the Release Notes carefully before installing and testing this Alpha release.
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.2.
Jaybird 3.0.2 contains the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed: Specifying an unknown Java character set in connection property
localEncodingwas handled as if no connection character set had been specified, now we throw an exception that the character set is unknown. (JDBC-498)
- Changed: Specifying a connection character set is no longer required, and will now default to
NONEagain, if system property
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.defaultConnectionEncodingis not specified. (JDBC-502)
The 14th Firebird Developers Day was held in the city of Piracicaba — SP — Brazil, in July, 29 2017, at Espaço Beira Rio. The conference is organized by FireBase, and had the presence of 300 attendees coming from dozens of cities and different states of Brazil.
The report (in English and Portuguese) with photos is now online.
Database .NET 22.5 is an innovative, powerful and intuitive multiple database management tool.
(Full support for Firebird 1.5~4.0+)
- Added Highlighting Groups of Cells
- Added Using \r\n as record separator by Exporting and Importing delimited text files
- Added automatically reset sequences after truncating/migrating the table (FB3)
- Added Enabling and Disabling indexes (FB)
- Added Rebuilding indexes (FB)
- Fixed missing declaration of DEFAULT in CREATE statement (FB)
- Fixed missing settings of IDENTITY in Table Designer (FB)
- dbMigration .NET has been updated to v6
- …and more