We are happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.0.
Jaybird 3.0 is a big change from Jaybird 2.2 and earlier. The entire low-level implementation has been rewritten to be able to support protocol improvements in newer Firebird versions. We have also made changes with a stricter interpretation of the JDBC requirements, and removed some parts that were either obsolete or not functioning correctly.
Most notable changes in Jaybird 3:
- Support for wire protocol versions 11, 12, and 13 (without support for encryption and compression); protocol version 13 contributed by Hajime Nakagami
- Support for the Firebird 3 SRP (Secure Remote Password) authentication mechanism (contributed by Hajime Nakagami)
- Support for streaming backup and restore (contributed by Ivan Arabadzhiev)
- Improved Firebird 3 support
- Improved and stricter JDBC support (including improved
java.time support, and more optional methods implemented)
- Initial JDBC 4.3 (Java 9) support (without real module support)
- New implementation of the native/embedded Type 2 driver using JNA (a jaybird
.so is no longer needed)
- Improved character set handling
- Removal of (buggy) connection pool implementation
- Removal/replacement of (internal) GDS API
And a large number of smaller bug fixes, improvements, and changes.
We recommend that you do not consider Jaybird 3.0 a drop-in replacement for Jaybird 2.2, and study the release notes carefully. Test your application with Jaybird 3.0 before using it in production.
Jaybird 3.0 supports Firebird 2.0 and higher, on Java 7, 8 and 9. Basic Java 9 compatibility is provided through the Java 8 version of the driver.
We are proud to present IBSurgeon FirstAID 5.0 – the new version of the recovery software with the highest rate of successful repairs. FirstAID 5.0 is a major improvement: now it supports Firebird 3.0, InterBase XE7, and big databases (100Gb+).
Download IBSurgeon FirstAID 5.0
If you are a user of FirstAID version 3.x or 4.x, you can log into IBSurgeon Deploy Center and see that you were automatically upgraded to version 5.0. All your licenses were transferred to 5.0.
-50% upgrade offer till May 15
If you have the license for FirstAID version 1.x or 2.x (including Pack 3.x), or if you have used all licenses for 3.x/4.x, we would like to offer you 50% discount to upgrade to FirstAID 5.0 Tech Support (for 50 databases) for the special price: USD$99. This is a limited offer till May 15 only!