We glad to inform about new IBProvider v3.29.
A brief description of the new release:
- Management of server resources for cursors and blobs improved.
- The main build IBProvider (vc14xp) is now compiled using VS2015 Update 2.
- Extended load testing performed.
Actually, as of the moment we have reached the local balance point:
- Basic «critical» problems solved.
- All initiated code changes completed.
The full text of the news: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_160412.html
We have released a set of IBProvider updates with optimizations and corrections.
For example – we rewrote the support of “array” data type. Now we can (reservedly) say that IBProvider really can work with all server data types. With minimal numbers of “buts”…
Common list of changes
- Optimizing server resource management.
- Revision of work with XSQLVAR::sqlind.
- Improved work with InterBase v12 (XE7).
- Added initialization property «dbdate_rules».
- Updated list with reserved keywords of Firebird v3.
- New support for «array» data type.
- Improved cancelation of fetch operation (fb.direct mode).
- Correction of creation binary blob with zero length.
- Correction of error with MSSQL Linked Server and BLOB.
- Updated support of IBProvider in our ADO.NET provider.
We glad to inform, that new IBProvider v22.214.171.12498 is ready for download and work in your applications and services.
In this release:
- Better support of big database arrays
- New compiler for vc14xp binaries
- Internal changes for code improving
You can read also:
- Additional information about previous release (v3.27)
- Information about direction of our current work
You can download the Trial of “IBProvider Professional Edition” (32 and 64 bits) from any page at our web site.
If you want to get the “IBProvider Free Edition” (32 bit only), you need to register on the site:
We have an excellent New Year present for all our users — the 27th update of IBProvider v3!
We have done everything we promised. And even little more.
The new IBProvider can directly connect not only to Firebird 2.5 but also to all previous releases: FB0.9, FB1, FB1.5, FB2.0 and FB2.1.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_151217.html
We decided to improve functionality of the free version of OLEDB provider for Firebird and Interbase. Now it supports all current versions of InterBase and Firebird including IB XE7 и FB v3!
«Free IBProvider» is based on «IBProvider Professional Edition» and inherits its key features like reliability, performance and workability.
Main specifications of the Free IBProvider
- Compiled in VS2013 Community Edition
- Support of all Firebird versions
- Support of all Interbase versions
- Query pool support
- Connection pool support
- DTC support
- ODBC query support
- Support of asynchronous data download
- Support of multithreaded applications
- Support of the replacement of the provider’s CLSID and ProgID components
- Localization of error messages and UI
- And much more!
In addition, you can use «Free IBProvider» together with «LCPI ADO.NET Data Provider for OLE DB»!
Read the full text of press release here – http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_150520__free_ibprovider_for_fb3_and_ib_xe7.html
We are pleased to announce the release of our “LCPI ADO.NET provider for OLE DB” which allows to create a professional solutions for Firebird!
Our .NET provider doesn’t force you to use ADO.NET as the exclusive access technology in application. You can use ADODB and work with OLEDB provider directly. Simultaneously!
You can use any .NET programming language and any programming language that supports COM or ActiveX. All at once!
And, of course, you can be sure in quality of this ADO.NET provider. We used TDD from beginning to end of development cycle.
Read the full text of press release here – http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_150408_adonet_provider_release.html
We wrote the new small guide “Using «LCPI ADO.NET Data Provider for OLE DB» with Firebird SQL Server” and offer you acquainted with technological capabilities of our .NET provider.
From this article you can learn, for example:
- How to create multiple transactions within one connection
- How to work with parameters in queries
- How to execute SQL script
Your comments and suggestions are welcome!
We are pleased to announce the second release candidate of our .NET Data Provider for interaction with Firebird and Interbase via IBProvider. By now, we have implemented all the functionality of System.Data.OleDb.
If you want to transfer your .NET projects for FB/IB to the new level of functionality and quality, we recommend you to start using «LCPI .NET Data Provider for OLE DB».
Just look of this DDEX screenshot:
You can get more screenshots and download Ole Db .Net Provider for access to any Interbase or any Firebird database from ADO.Net here: OleDb .Net driver for Firebird >>>
We are pleased to announce the release candidate of our .NET Provider for OleDb.
Now you can use 200% of the ADO.Net power in your projects for Firebird and Interbase:
- Read sets via OleDbDataReader and change them simultaneously (MARS technology).
- Use nested transactions, savepoints and distributed transactions within the TransactionScope.
- Execute several select, update and insert queries with parameters(!) within only one command OleDbCommand.
- Work with absolutely all types of data, including arrays and even Interbase Guid.
- And yes, now after you have set the command text you don’t need to manually add parameters to the query. Everything is done automatically and on the fly.
You can download ibprovider here: Firebird OleDb driver >>>
We continue to develop our .NET Provider for OLEDB. In the new build (#1434), we have implemented the methods to obtain database metadata:
- All schemas of the OLEDB Provider
Distinctions compared to standard OLEDB.NET Provider:
- The SchemaGuids schema describes all schemas including SchemaGuids, DbInfoKeywords and DbInfoLiterals.
- The SchemaGuids schema supports restrictions for the Schema column.
Distinctions compared to standard OLEDB.NET Provider:
- The MetaDataCollections schema supports restrictions for the column CollectionName.
- The Restrictions schema supports restrictions for the columns CollectionName and RestrictionName.
- More accurate population of the DataSourceInformation schema.
- More accurate population of the Restrictions schema.
- Caching of data from its own schemas (SchemaGuids, DbInfoKeywords, DbInfoLiterals, …).
- Coherence of information from metadata schemas with the descriptions of the resulting rowset columns and command parameters (ensured by IBProvider).
- Different algorithms of metadata loading for Interbase and Firebird. Including – our provider takes into account the version of the server and the version of database ODS (ensured by IBProvider).
- Caching of OLEDB metadata schemas is carried out on the IBProvider level (see a property «schema_cache»).
- The OleDbSchemaGuid class added with the lists of known OLEDB schema identifiers.
- The OleDbSchemaRestriction class added with the lists of restriction indexes for known OLEDB schemas.
- The OleDbLiteral class added.
- The OleDbMetaDataCollectionNames class added.
- The number of tests and debug structures ensuring the correct work of components increased.
If you are interested in working with stored procedures grouped into PACKAGE, please take a look at the new example for our .NET Provider:
Creation and working with PACKAGE (C#, FB3)