Firebird 2.5.1 packages are now available in Fedora 15 updates Epel6 (RHEL and Centos 6) packages are in testing for one more week according to the Epel policy. About Mageia 1 they will be in updates soon. For Mandriva they are in Cooker.
Firebird history and Mageia story are related to each other , here are the Philippe’s kind words
A new GNU Linux distribution is born : Mageia, a Mandriva Linux fork.
So why speak about this here ?
First, Firebird packages need a maintainer and as I am the one in Mandriva, I will do the same in Mageia
Second, this story remind me a little the Firebird story
Third I’m enthusiast to contribute (may be more than only Firebird related packages) to a such challenging adventure, and in this one, there are people that I really trust.
Long live Mageia : http://www.mageia.org/
here were a lots of package updates in Mandriva Cooker during the last two weeks.Currently a complete rebuild of all packages in the Main repository is going on. Here’s a list of some more interesting changes
The Firebird database pacakges have seen many improvements and should start working well soon.
Phillippe Makowski tested Firebird 2.1.2 and flamerobin on Mips64 , seems that qmtest ran all OK , So i guess it can be stamped as an good port
Firebird 2.1.x will be included in the top most popular linux distributions
Here is the list of where firebird 2.1 is included or can be installed (I will create an table later)
- Debian [DONE] by Damyan Ivanov http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1715
- Ubuntu [DONE] in the next release Intrepid Ibex 8.10 imported from debian http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1718
- Fedora [Working] One friend of mine will upload in the main http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1649
- Gentoo [Done] http://www.gentoo-portage.com/dev-db/firebird
- Knoppix [Debian based] it should work by debian package or official tar.gz installer
- Linspire [Debian based] it should work by debian package or official tar.gz installer
- Mandriva [Will be DONE] by Philippe Makowski
- OpenSuse [Will be DONE] by Philippe Makowski
- PCLinuxOS [Mandriva based] it should work by Mandriva package or tar.gz/rpm installer
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux [Fedora Based] it should work by Fedora package or official tar.gz/rpm installer
- Centos [Fedora Based] it should work by Fedora package or official tar.gz/rpm installer
- Slackware [DONE] http://www.linuxpackages.net/pkg_details.php?id=12350 or official tar.gz installer
Here is th url , also there are drivers for php and flamerobin package is included there