Cosmin Apreutesei wrote to to Lua, firebird-tools, LuaRocks mailing lists :
Firebird’s Lua binding v0.5.0 is out!
- improved automated testing suite:
- now testing against all 2.0-2.5 firebird and fbembed releases to date on win32 and linux32 (linux64 coming with the next version of alien)
- server binary bundles including start/stop scripts are now available for download making it trivial to setup a testing environment
- improved st:run()/st:fetch() handling based on statement type
- added support for SQL_NULL type (fb 2.5+)
- added at:sqlcode(), at:sqlstate(), at:sqlerrors(), at:errors(),at:full_status()
- added at:start_transaction()
- added st:row()
- bug fixing, refactoring and documentation updates
Rockspeck and zip package here: http://code.google.com/p/fbclient/source/browse/
The next version will include a reflection module for metadata export
and schema comparison and synchronization between two databases.
PS: Could someone please update the rockspec in the LR repo, thanks!
Helper C library for writing UDFs for Firebird in Lua (as well as a small collection of useful UDFs). The Firebird UDF interface would hopefully be obsoleted in Firebird v3.0 and replaced with the new External Engine API. Until then, I hope you find this little library helpful. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.
For tips on how to write UDFs for Firebird yourself, read UdfWritingTips.
PS: If writing UDFs in Lua seems overkill, checkout the other UDF library written in freepascal.
I needed lua for a work related project (mod_security rule script) and for database persistence i use firebird to count the ip addresses and other things
Here are some tips on getting started with lua and firebird on ubuntu