SQL Manager 2005 for InterBase/Firebird ver. 4.4 released
EMS Database Management Solutions company releases new version of the high performance tool for Firebird and InterBase administration and development –
You can download the latest version at: www.sqlmanager.net/products/ibfb/manager/download
What’s new in SQL Manager 2005 for InterBase/Firebird version 4.4?
- Database Registration.
- The option that allows to skip refreshing objects on connection to database is added. It is highly recommended to uncheck this option if your database contains many objects or if connection to the database is slow.
- Import of database registration information from the previous version settings of SQL Manager for IB/FB is improved. Local databases are now registered according to the servers which use similar client libraries for connection.
- Embedded database registration has become simpler.
- Copy Alias From option is added in the new database registration dialog.
- It was impossible to register a database when there were no hosts registered. Fixed now.
- The ability to use one SSH tunnel to establish connection for several hosts/databases at the same time is added.
- Now it’s possible to use tunneling for the services.
- New Field editor form.
- Now it’s possible to fill the NOT NULL fields which have no DEFAULT value set with the data taken from the fields of the table being edited.
- The ability to display and edit ARRAY fields is added.
- When editing data or deleting records in a table which contains no unique or primary key, errors often occurred (the changes were not applied). Fixed now.
- It was impossible to edit a BLOB type field in Detail Level. Fixed now.
- The ARRAY type data can be saved to an external file now.
- An option is added which allows to extract metadata of the objects on which the current object depends.
- The object dependency handling is improved.
- A script can now be executed from cursor; execution of the selected fragment is also possible.
- String comments (beginning with ‘–‘) are recognized correctly now.
- The ARRAY type data can now be imported from an external file when executing SET BLOBFILE statement.
- When performing input for the DECIMAL and NUMERIC type parameters the decimal delimiter used to change with the localization applied. Fixed now.
- The value of the empty string was treated as NULL. Fixed now.
- The FIRST statement is recognized correctly now.
We hope you’ll enjoy working with our products!