Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2 available for testing
We are happy to announce the second beta for Jaybird 4.
We’d really appreciate it if you take the time to test this version of Jaybird with your applications. Bug reports about undocumented changes in behavior are appreciated. Feedback can be sent to the Firebird-java mailing list or reported on the issue tracker http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/JDBC.
Jaybird 4 is – compared to Jaybird 3 – an incremental release that builds on the foundations of Jaybird 3. The focus of this release has been on further improving JDBC support and adding support for the new data types and features of Firebird 4.
The main new features are:
- Wire encryption support (backported to Jaybird 3.0.4)
- Database encryption support (backported to Jaybird 3.0.4)
- Wire compression support
- Authentication plugin improvements
- Firebird 4 data type bind configuration support (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- Firebird 4 DECFLOAT support
- Firebird 4 extended numeric precision support
- Firebird 4 time zone support
- Firebird 4 statement timeout support (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- JDBC RowId support
- DatabaseMetaData getPseudoColumns implemented
- DatabaseMetaData getVersionColumns implemented
- DatabaseMetaData getFunctions implemented (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- DatabaseMetaData getFunctionColumns implemented (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- Improved JDBC function escape support
- New JDBC protocol prefix jdbc:firebird:
- URL encoding in query part of JDBC URL (backported to Jaybird 3.0.9)
- Generated keys support improvements
- Operation monitoring
Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2 is for testing purposes only, and not intended for production use.