We have released an update of IBProvider, which has the solution for error with code 8152 of MS SQL Linked Server.
Short annotation of this problem – MS SQL has the problem with processing of object descriptions in metadata schemas.
New provider allows you do not publish object descriptions in schemas.
You may turn off publication of object descriptions to speed up the process of loading metadata schemas as a whole.
We glad to inform you about news of IBProvider [Native OLE DB Provider for InterBase and Firebird] development cycle.
- A support of Firebird 3.0.4 improved
- A code optimization performed
Link to latest press-release: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_180905.html
IBProvider and «Registration Free COM»
We wrote a new document about usage IBProvider without registration in Windows registry: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/documentation/ibprovider-and-registration_free_com.html.
Recommended for reading to everyone who distributes IBProvider as part of own applications.
With Best Regards,
In this note we would like to inform you about running 6.7 million various tests for blobs. On our scale, it is a big testing. Usually we run each IBProvider update through 0.7 million tests.
Performing these 6.7 million tests in one thread would take 150 days. Parallel run in 10 threads reduced this time to 15 days.
We won’t bore you with details and will provide only key information.
Read full text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_180605-load_test.html
We present new personal license for 32-bit IBProvider called «One Time Personal License (32-bit)».
The new license is meant for all those who would like to create small programs for Firebird and InterBase for WIN32 and .NET platforms.
This is the same full-featured 32-bit provider (prof and lite editions) that is included into licenses for developers and MS SQL. It does not have any technical or time restrictions.
The price for new license is quite symbolic: 99+1 EUR.
Read full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_180521-one_time_personal_license.html
We are glad to announce the new update of IBProvider — v3.50.
Main feature of this release — elimination of very old restrictions of our OLE DB provider.
Common list of changes:
- Better support of MS SQL
- Support of data rereading for updatable sets
- Improved error handling
- Specific data processing errors fixed
- Support of FB 3.0.4 added
We have two news for you:
1. IBProvider v3.49 was released. We ensured a stricter compliance with the OLE DB specification and revised the existing code.
2. Microsoft changed its decision to go back to ODBC and promises to release an updated OLE DB provider for MS SQL. Let’s hope that they not only will rewrite the provider but also update the OLE DB specification.
We have a great piece of news for all users of IBProvider v3 — we have rewritten the latest subsystem inherited from the second version of the provider.
In other words, we have finally fully updated and improved the entire IBProvider v3!
In addition to updating the IBProvider, we released new assemblies of our ADO.NET provider for .NET Standard 2.0 and refreshed the “LCPI OLE DB Services”.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_171114.html
New release v3.43 of our “Native OLE DB provider for Firebird and InterBase” available for download.
- The support of primary version of ICU from Firebird v3 (ICU v5.2) has been added
- Loaders of metadata schemas have been improved
Release of “LCPI ADO.NET data provider for OLE DB” v1.1 includes the new DDEX provider (v2) for Visual Studio 2017.
Main features of new DDEX provider
- Based on a new object model (v2), like standard DDEX providers for MSSQL and Oracle
- Packed in VSIX installer
See the short instruction for installation and configuration of DDEX provider in VS2017.
We released three things:
- New update of IBProvider – v3.41.
- New services for IBProvider – “LCPI OLE DB Services”
- New update of our ADO.NET provider – v1.0.7
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170511.html