Hello!Just passing to inform that Firebird chocolatey packages are now ready for public usage. :)As easy aschoco install firebird -yto install Firebird 3.0.1 SuperServer.There’s also support for 2.1 and 2.5 releases. As well for Classic and SuperClassic installs.More info at:Best regards!F.D.Castel
Devart company continues to improve their connectivity solutions including ODBC driver for Firebird.
Recently company released new version of it’s driver which now has beta support of Linux and Mac OS. You can download new drivers now
I think might be helpful, today for a customer i do the Haversine formulas for Firebird Sql as a stored procedure.
This formula allow you to calculate the distance in meter between two WGS84 datum points(degree points of Earth).
You can call the procedure like this:
SELECT * FROM HAVERSINE_GENERIC(1, 45,474081, 9,179348, 45,456091, 9)
You can often see the following question in Firebird technical support groups: “What is the hardware of choice for the Firebird DBMS?”. This topic remains permanently popular because hardware requirements differ by tasks and hardware itself changes with time.
We in IBSurgeon decided to write Firebird Hardware guide in order to provide the necessary knowledge to anyone who wants to choose truly effective hardware for their Firebird database. To do it, you will have to learn some basic details on how Firebird, the operating system and, of course, hardware functions.
Devart company updated its set of ODBC drivers for various databases including Firebird database.
New Firebird ODBC driver gained improved performance and:
- Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio is improved
- Compatibility with Microsoft Office is improved
- Compatibility with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is improved
- Compatibility with Crystal Reports is improved
- Compatibility with ClikView is improved
Check what our new ODBC drivers can offer to you.
Following the updated release of IBDAC (Delphi data access components for Firebird) Devart released a huge update of it’s dbExpress drivers. Among them you can find updated dbExpress driver for Firebird/Interbase.
Among many improvements and bug fixes those drivers received RAD Studio 10 support and now the trial limitation by 6 columns is removed from the Trial version for Win64 and it becomes a fully-functional Professional Edition.
You can already download new updated dbExpress driver for Firebird now – https://www.devart.com/dbx/interbase/download.html
Devart company released a huge update of all its Delphi data access components including Firebird/Interbase data access components (IBDAC).
IBDAC 5.6 main updates/fixes are:
- RAD Studio 10 Seattle is supported
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE batch operations are supported
- Now Trial for Win64 is a fully functional Professional Edition
- Now at automatic refresh of Detail dataset the OnBeforeOpen event is not called
- Generating conditions for filtration when using similar field names and aliases in TCRDBGrid is fixed
- SQLMonitor behavior on using similar objects is fixed
- Bug with endless reconnection in assigned connection is fixed
- Bug with editing Blob and Memo fields used in local filter is fixed
- Bug when working with databases having charset NONE is fixed
You can already download new IBDAC 5.6 now and use it in your projects.
Devart team is proud to introduce new Firebird ODBC Drivers.
The most significant features in this version are:
– Drivers fully support standard ODBC API functions and data types, multiple server data types and features.
– Advanced connection string parameters provided to allow any desktop and web applications to access databases from various environments and platforms, that support ODBC.
– Full Unicode support provides capacity to interpret Unicode function calls without the intervention of the Driver Manager.
– Advanced data conversion from DBMS data types to native ODBC data types.
– Support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms provides capabilities to develop both 32-bit and 64-bit cross-platform database applications (Linux and Mac OS X platforms will be supported in the next version).
ODBC driver for Firebird supports Firebird server and client versions 2.x, 1.x.
We have a new poll in the site, about what languages are most used with Firebird. Please vote going to our mainpage and voting in the poll displayed in the right sidebar.
Please vote and spread this poll to other Firebird users.
Every year on January 18 we have a small celebration – IBProvider’s birthday.
This year it turned 14.
We thank all our users for using the provider in your projects.
We promise that we will continue to improve IBProvider till it completely supersedes Firebird and Interbase 🙂
Read more about the new features in Firebird and Interbase driver >>>