Microtec is pleased to announce the release of CopyCat Developer version 3.7.1!
CopyCat Developer is a Delphi components library encapsulating a database replication engine with support for Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite and NexusDB. For more information, please refer to our site: http://www.copycat.fr
The changes in this release are as follows:
– XE7 support
– Major performance and memory management improvements of big logs. Instead of loading the whole list of changes to replicate into memory at once, it is now streamed in row by row.
– The UPDATE OR INSERT statement is now used in FB 2.1+, in order to reduce the number of statements needed and thus optimize performance.
– Internal changes enabling the use of prepared queries during replication, thus again dramatically improving performance.
– Improved performance of TCcConnection.GetFieldType
– Fixed a memory leak that caused problems with long-running replication cycles.
– Fixed a bug in the millisecond handling in Firebird.
Upscene Productions is proud to announce the availability of the next release of the popular multi-DBMS development tool:
” Database Workbench 5.0.8 “
This release fixes several bugs as reported by our customers.
“There is so much new in Database Workbench 5, I don’t know where to start”, says Martijn Tonies, founder of Upscene Productions. “This release adds code editor features, has diagramming improvements, comes in multiple editions, is fully HiDPI aware and offers tunneling for MySQL and MariaDB connections. It all was a lot of work, but it was worth it!”
“We worked closely with out customer and implemented many of their requests and for new users, we offer multiple editions to suit their development needs. From design to productivity, there’s new features and improvements in almost everything!”
New features in version 5 include:
- Support for the latest versions of database engines and MariaDB support
- New and improved user interface
- Code editor features like block staples, code folding, object linking and dynamic highlighting
- “Diagram Navigator” for easier diagramming navigation
- MySQL/MariaDB tunneling support
- Firebird 3 Package Editor
- Basic and Pro Edition to suit your needs
- and much more…
For more information, see What’s new in Database Workbench 5?
Database Workbench supports MySQL, MariaDB, Firebird, Oracle, MS SQL Server,
SQL Anywhere, NexusDB and InterBase, comes in multiple editions and is licensed based on selectable modules.
It includes tools for database design, database maintenance, testing, data transfer,
data import & export, database migration, database compare and numerous other tools.
About Database Workbench
Database Workbench is a database developer tool, over 10 years in the making and
is being used by thousands of developers across the globe who have come to rely on it
every day. From database design, implementation, to testing and debugging, it will aid you
in your daily database work.
About Upscene Productions
Based in The Netherlands, Europe, this small but dedicated company has been providing
database developers with useful tools for over 12 years. Slowly expanding the product portfolio
and gaining recognition amongst InterBase and Firebird database developers, they now offer
tools for a whole range of database systems, including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
SQL-MVC, alpha release, request for comments.
Hi all, I have released a new concept in web application frameworks, using firebird and node.js,
and would appreciate any comments, especially on the concepts behind it.
How does SQL-MVC work?
The compiler takes your application code which is little more than a few SQL statements, directives and properties and produces:
All the database code as a single stored procedure, to be run to produce JSON output.
a Mustache Template(Hogan) containing all the client side code to be filled with the JSON. When the two are combined in the browser !!voila!!.
The server node.js does very little other than pass JSON between the server and client.
All the business logic remains in the database server.
You have full control of the client side look, feel and behavior, the default framework and theme is just to give you a quicc start.
and be the first to comment on:
Accordingly to its release lifetime policy, Firebird Project notifies that the Firebird v2.1 series has reached its end-of-life and thus will not be maintained anymore. The last official release in this series, Firebird 2.1.7, which has been announced in December 2014, will be available from the “Discontinued Versions” section of the download area.
Disisweb team have updated the website Firebird in Spanish.
This year 2015 we celebrate 15 years of serving this website, so we will be creating new sections and redesigning the news sections and articles.
Some sections are temporarily disabled, but are already running the news sections and items correctly.
In addition, we are very aware of the release of Firebird 3.0 and promoting tutorials and courses.
Thank you for keep visiting this site!
Just read on the Lazarus forum that Reinier Olislagers better known there as BigChimp passed away on december 4th. A big loss for the Lazarus and Firebird community, he will be sorely missed.
Also he wrote a very nice wiki page for Firebird and Lazarus
Database .NET is an innovative, powerful and intuitive multiple database management tool, With it you can Browse objects, Design tables, Edit rows, Export data and Run queries with a consistent interface.
- New features and improvements from 13.6 to 14.2 (2015/01/13)
- Full support for Firebird 3.0 (BOOLEAN/IDENTITY/PACKAGES…etc.)
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10
- Updated to FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.dll 22.214.171.124
- Additional features for all users:
1) Autocomplete, 2) Query Builder, 3) SQL Profiler,
4) Database Diagram, 5) Cell and Form Editor
- Added Hiding and Unhiding columns
- Added Moving Row Up and Down
- Improved ODBC connection profile
- Improved Data Import and Export
- Improved Generating DDL and DML
- …and more.
You’re welcome to download it from http://fishcodelib.com/Database.htm
Free, All-In-One, Portable, Single executable file and Multi-language.
Firebird Language Reference translation – The $7,000 target has been achieved. Many thanks to all those who contributed.
Collected money will go to translation of Firebird documentation and, after USD$ 7000 threshold was exceeded, Money will go for further development of next volumes: «Firebird Operations Guide» and others.