The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 2.2.4.
This release contains the following fixes:
- Fixed: Exceptions during statement preparation leave connection and transaction open after explicit close (JDBC-311)
- Fixed batch update (or insert) with blob set through
setBinaryStream()sets empty blob for all but the first batch entry (JDBC-312)
- Fixed incomplete checks of database, transaction, statement and blob handle validity before continuing with actions. These incomplete checks could lead to unexpected exceptions (for example a
- Fixed error when setting connection charset equal to
"file.encoding"java property (JDBC-314)
- Fixed connection character set not correctly set when specifying the Java connection characterset (
- Fixed incorrect lengths and/or radix reported by
getColumnsmetadata (JDBC-317, JDBC-318)
- Initial Java 8 / JDBC 4.2 support (JDBC-319)
- Firebird 3
BOOLEANtype support, see Support for Firebird 3
BOOLEANtype in the release notes for more details (JDBC-321)
- Added fallback of loading
GDSFactoryPluginimplementations to prevent
NullPointerExceptionin Hibernate reverse engineering wizard in NetBeans (JDBC-325)
- Fixed: Jaybird should specify dialect 3 in dpb when no explicit dialect was set (JDBC-327)
- Fixed: several
DatabaseMetaDatamethods defined by JDBC to only accept the actual table name also accepted a
LIKE-pattern or empty string or null. This was changed to conform to JDBC. This change can break applications that relied on the incorrect behavior (JDBC-331)
Affected methods are:
getCrossReference. As part of this change
getIndexInfonow handles names in the wrong case slightly different.
Jaybird 3.0 will further modify and restrict the pattern matching and case sensitivity of metadata methods. See Future changes to Jaybird in the release notes for more details.
Downloads available from JDBC driver section on the Firebird website.
The release is also available on maven(*):
<groupId>org.firebirdsql.jdbc</groupId> <artifactId>jaybird-jdkXX</artifactId> <version>2.2.4</version>
* The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk15, jaybird-jdk16, jaybird-jdk17 or jaybird-jdk18
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.