Dmitry Yemanov recently announced (in fb-devel discussion list) that Beta 1 of Firebird 3 is expected to be released in the next week.
Please take some time when Beta1 is out and do as much tests as you can, and report the problems back in fb-devel or Firebird tracker, helping the core developers to address the issues and so speeding up the schedule of the next releases .
Update from Dmitry:
Correction: Beta *code* is expected to be ready (i.e. tagged) the next
week. The release itself will appear slightly later, after composing the
docs and passing QA.
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 2.5.3 — the latest minor release in the Firebird 2.5 series.
This sub-release introduces several bug fixes and a few improvements, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes. Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms are immediately available for download.
Here are some news about the next FB 3 releases time-frame, coming direct from Dmitry Yemanov:
We’re approaching Beta 1 (hopefully to be released in July), with one more Beta to follow and then RC appearing this Autumn, probably around the conference time.
Firebird Roadmap can be seen here.
The second alpha of Firebird 3.0 is about to be released. Find more information at http://sourceforge.net/p/firebird/code/HEAD/tree/firebird/tags/T3_0_0_Alpha2/doc/WhatsNew
Firebird Project announces the first Alpha release of Firebird 3.0, the next major version of the Firebird relational database, which is now available for testing.
Please read the Release Notes carefully before installing and testing this Alpha release.
URL to build from is: http://svn.code.sf.net/p/firebird/code/firebird/tags/T3_0_0_Alpha1/.
Roadmap was also updated
For testing you can use the pre alpha snapshots For Linux:
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 2.2.3.
See http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/jdbc-driver/ for the downloadlinks.
The release is also available on maven:
The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk15, jaybird-jdk16 or jaybird-jdk17.
The following has been changed or fixed in Jaybird 2.2.3:
- Fixed incorrect synchronization in native and embedded protocol (JNI) implementation for iscBlobInfo and iscSeekBlob (JDBC-300)
- Fixed holdable ResultSet is closed on auto-commit (JDBC-304, JDBC-305)
- Fixed table names missing or padded with spaces in Database view of IntelliJ IDEA (JDBC-308, IDEA-100786)
- Fixed incorrect JDBC minor version reported under Java 7; this resulted in an incorrect column name (for Java 7) in the metadata of DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(…) (JDBC-309)
- Added IOException to cause of GDSException with error 335544721; “Unable to complete network request to host “”” for further investigation (JDBC-306)
More details are available in the Jaybird 2.2.3 releasenotes.
Important Debian security fix is uploaded to sid http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/firebird2.5/news/20130318T154817Z.html
You can check Firebird 2.5/2.1 packages security status for this bug CVE-2013-2492 on this page