IBSurgeon guys published some pictures of the “All about transactions” seminar that just happened in Moscow. You may recognize some of our Firebird fellows there
Firebird Project is glad to announce Firebird Conference 2014: the most important international event devoted to FirebirdSQL. Firebird Conference 2014 will be a meeting point for all Firebird users and core developers of Firebird. It’s the best place to share and receive FirebirdSQL knowledge!
Firebird Conference 2014 will be October 24-25, 2014, in Prague, Czech Republic, in Clarion Congress Hotel (see details about its location).
There will be 2 simultaneous flows in the conference, during 2 full days.
More details about the Conference can be found in http://firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-conference-2014/
Today is the last day to register at Firebird Tour in Siegburg (Nov 22) or in Prague (Nov 25)! http://firebirdsql.org/en/
Alexey Kovyazin announced:
Detailed schedule is here http://firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-tour-2013-details/
Several seats are still available both in Siegburg (November 22) and Prague (November 25).
Firebird Tour is a series of seminars around the world in 2013 and 2014, devoted to Firebird, with members of Firebird Project as speakers.
The first seminar will be in Siegburg (Germany), November 22, 2013 (early bird registration is over, few places at regular price still available).
The second stop of Firebird Tour will be in Prague (Czech Republic), November 25, 2013.
Firebird 2013 Tour will be devoted to all aspects of transactions, from the basic idea, to the internal implementation, best practices and guidance how to effectively use transactions in the applications, and, of course, performance analysis of transactions and related areas.
List of topics to be covered:
- Transactions from the beginning: isolation levels and specific Firebird parameters (no_rec_version, table locking, read/write, wait/nowait), examples of their usage
- How to use effectively isolation levels and parameters in multi-user applications, typical errors in transactions management
- Internal implementation of transactions in Firebird, including versioning, locking and multi-generation mechanism
- Garbage, sweep, auto-sweep: what are they and how to make them work for you and not against you
- Effective management of transactions in various development tools (Delphi, Java, .NET, etc)
- Transactions monitoring: transaction markers, MON$ tables, Trace API, third-party tools, how to find bottlenecks in transaction management and optimize database performance with monitoring
- Best practices of transaction management, special approaches to optimize transaction in closed sourced applications.
- Overview of Firebird 3.0 features
The detailed schedule of talks will be published later.
Languages at seminar will English and Czech.
Firebird seminar in Prague will take place in Hotel Extol Inn, November 25, 2013, from 09-00 to 18-00.
Attendee’s fee includes seminar attendance, coffee-breaks, lunch and beverages. Room is not included.
Early bird registration is available till November 1, 20, 2013.
Regular price registration (after November 1, 2013) is EUR 35, for groups 3+ – 29 eur/person.
There are limited seats, so please take your chance and register as soon as possible.
Please feel free to ask any questions to organizer’s email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder from Alexey Kovyazin
As you probably know, November 22, 2013 in in Siegburg (Germany) there
will be Firebird seminar, devoted to all aspects of transactions, from
the basic idea to the internal implementation, about the best practices
and guidance how to effectively use transactions in the applications,
and, of course, performance analysis of transactions and related areas.
Please feel free to ask any questions.