Devart team is proud to introduce new Firebird ODBC Drivers.
The most significant features in this version are:
– Drivers fully support standard ODBC API functions and data types, multiple server data types and features.
– Advanced connection string parameters provided to allow any desktop and web applications to access databases from various environments and platforms, that support ODBC.
– Full Unicode support provides capacity to interpret Unicode function calls without the intervention of the Driver Manager.
– Advanced data conversion from DBMS data types to native ODBC data types.
– Support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms provides capabilities to develop both 32-bit and 64-bit cross-platform database applications (Linux and Mac OS X platforms will be supported in the next version).
ODBC driver for Firebird supports Firebird server and client versions 2.x, 1.x.
We decided to improve functionality of the free version of OLEDB provider for Firebird and Interbase. Now it supports all current versions of InterBase and Firebird including IB XE7 и FB v3!
«Free IBProvider» is based on «IBProvider Professional Edition» and inherits its key features like reliability, performance and workability.
Main specifications of the Free IBProvider
- Compiled in VS2013 Community Edition
- Support of all Firebird versions
- Support of all Interbase versions
- Query pool support
- Connection pool support
- DTC support
- ODBC query support
- Support of asynchronous data download
- Support of multithreaded applications
- Support of the replacement of the provider’s CLSID and ProgID components
- Localization of error messages and UI
- And much more!
In addition, you can use «Free IBProvider» together with «LCPI ADO.NET Data Provider for OLE DB»!
Read the full text of press release here – http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_150520__free_ibprovider_for_fb3_and_ib_xe7.html
We are pleased to announce the release of our “LCPI ADO.NET provider for OLE DB” which allows to create a professional solutions for Firebird!
Our .NET provider doesn’t force you to use ADO.NET as the exclusive access technology in application. You can use ADODB and work with OLEDB provider directly. Simultaneously!
You can use any .NET programming language and any programming language that supports COM or ActiveX. All at once!
And, of course, you can be sure in quality of this ADO.NET provider. We used TDD from beginning to end of development cycle.
Read the full text of press release here – http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_150408_adonet_provider_release.html
IBSurgeon is glad to announce the new version of Firebird monitoring, backups and anticorruption tool – FBDataGuard 3.3, which introduces new features and several bugfixes.
Now FBDataGuard monitors lock table and deadlock parameters, which are very important for a good performance for Firebird Classic and SuperClassic architectures. FBDataGuard also gives intelligent suggestions how to change appropriate Firebird configuration parameters to fix encountered problems.
FBDataGuard 3.3 is free for all existing FBDataGuard users, and EUR149/server for new licenses. For companies with many installations of Firebird we offer an ISV unlimited subscription for EUR990/year: an ability to install as many FBDataGuards as needed.
Download FBDataGuard 3.3.
We wrote the new small guide “Using «LCPI ADO.NET Data Provider for OLE DB» with Firebird SQL Server” and offer you acquainted with technological capabilities of our .NET provider.
From this article you can learn, for example:
- How to create multiple transactions within one connection
- How to work with parameters in queries
- How to execute SQL script
Your comments and suggestions are welcome!
We invite all Firebird developers and administrators to 1-day seminars in the frames of Firebird 2015 Tour. Firebird 2015 Tour is devoted to the SQL performance optimization: SQL plans, queries and database statistics, queries tuning techniques, etc.
Firebird 2015 Tour is organized by IBSurgeon and IBPhoenix, with support of Firebird Developers core team.
Locations and dates of Firebird 2015 Tour (see details in the appropriate sections below):
- April 24 – Seligenstadt, Germany
- May 19 – Prague, Czech Republic
- June 5 – Moscow, Russia
Read more details about Firebird 2015 Tour here: www.firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-tour-2015/