Android Firebird JDBC Driver Jaybird 2.2.12 is updated for Android Studio
Christian Mayer wrote on Android Jaybird discussion forum
i have updated the example in the download area.
Basically you have to go to File -> Project Structure and klick the green add sign in the upper left.
Then choose “Import .JAR/.AAR Package” and select the aar file.
After that in the group area select app and go to Dependencies.
Here klick the green add sign in the upper right a choose “Module Dependencies”
If that doesn’t work please use the provided example.
Ps: It’s compiled as Android-Library : AAR .
You can use it like this:
Paul Beach added a few notes on building Firebird 3.x on MacOS
Jaybird 3.0.0-beta-3 is available for download and testing. More in formation can be found in the full release notes.
Timeouts for SQL statements and idle connections, now merged into master (Firebird 4.0). More documentation can be found on Statement Timeouts and Session Timeouts.
NodeJS C++ client node-firebird-libfbclient v.0.1.1 released with the following changes:
- Fixes Insert BLOB SUB_TYPE 0 not working #57
- FBStatement emits ‘result’ only once. #75
- Reuse FBStatement across new transactions #76
Jacques van Zuydam created the following branch for Laravel 5.4 support
For Laravel 5.4 support use:
composer require jacquestvanzuydam/laravel-firebird:dev-5.4-support
Marco Cantu wrote on his blog :
To celebrate another year of success for Delphi. I dug a bit in my archive. Here are a few old images, mostly ads from Borland, before and after the product release.
It is interesting to notice how the original business value (increased productivity for developers) is still true today with a totally changed landscape, mobile, and all. We could re-use some of the original ads, as they make sense today. The other things I noticed is that most of the other tools that were popular back than, have long been forgotten. Delphi, on the other hand, is still popular.
FDB Python driver for Firebird v1.7 is available for download.
* (PYFB-66) – Port parameter for connect and create_database is not used
* (PYFB-69) – Can not connect to FB services if set ISC_USER & ISC_PASSWORD by os.environ[…]
* (PYFB-70) – executemany(operation, seq_of_parameters) appears to run slower than it should
* Number of fixes to DDL generators in schema module
* Added support for Filter and BackupHistory in schema module.
* Added DDL scripts generator get_metadata_ddl().
The Firebird Book Second Edition – Volume 4: Supplement for Firebird 3.0 by Helen Borrie.
A few changes are needed to the connection string builder and dll used vs Firebird 2.5
Here is an example on Stack Overflow with FbConnectionStringBuilder: