This post is some raw notes and is not very understandable by people who never worked with this code. In fact, the old implementation was so ugly that it was not simple even for me (who is constantly working in this area) to achieve this result. It needed many tries and reverts, but IMNSHO ended very well. Also, this was a large work that took many time, and I’m just writing some records here.
Embarcadero just released the AppWave Store, with plenty of free apps available. And our loved bird is listed in the mainpage, in the “popular apps” listing.
This was written on albringas.com :
I’ve been using Codeigniter as my development platform and framework of choice since last year. Being a ten year PHP developer, Codeigner was a refreshing way of coding web apps with PHP.
The first ones developments I did with Codeigniter were using MySQL, a very used database. But since I’ve also been using Firebird SQL Database from ten or more years ago, I decided to give a try to the Codeigniter-Firebird duo.
Read the rest of the adventure
|Upscene Productions announces the 4th public beta of:
“Hopper – a Stored Code Debugger”
You like this news? Twitter it! Share it! If you’d like to blog about it, contact us!
|DA-SOFT Technologies announces the availability of AnyDAC for Delphi Spring 2012 release v 126.96.36.1993 – high-speed, Universal Data Access Components for Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access, IBM DB2, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Informix, Advantage, dbExpress, ODBC, that simplifies the task of building Embarcadero Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal Compiler database applications.|
AnyDAC for Delphi can be immediately downloaded from the download page.
What is new in v5.0.7 and what is AnyDAC ?
AnyDAC v 5.0.7 Highlights
- Delphi XE2 and Mac OS X support;
- FPC 2.6.0 / Lazarus 0.9.30.4 and Windows x86/x64, Linux x86/x64 and Mac OS X support;
- UpdateOptions.UpdateJoinedFields and TADMapRule.NameMask added;
- Auto-inc fields improvements;
- SQLite v 3.7.11 support;
- SQLite native Array DML support;
- SQL Server 2012 support;
- Advantage DB TADADSUtility service component;
- Advantage DB support for aliases;
- ReportBuilder DADE;
- Nany driver and addon improvements;
- Multiple enahncements to the help system.
AnyDAC for Delphi
AnyDAC is an unique set of Universal Data Access Components for developing applications on Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal. With its powerful common architecture AnyDAC enables native high-speed direct access to Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, SQL Anywhere, MS Access, Informix, Advantage and more. For complete list of features and availability, please check:
- AnyDAC home – http://www.da-soft.com/anydac/
- AnyDAC shop – http://www.da-soft.com/anydac/order.html
- AnyDAC trial – http://www.da-soft.com/anydac/download.html
AnyDAC Core Features
- Native access to Firebird, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2, InterBase, SQL Anywhere, Informix, Advantage Database and more. Including latest DBMS versions.
- Generic access to any database supported through dbExpress or ODBC data sources.
- Optimized for best possible performance. 2 times faster than dbGo, 25% faster than dbExpress.
- Reach API with 50 Delphi VCL components, including TADConnection, TADTransaction, TADQuery, TADStoredProc, TADTable, TADMemTable.
- Unified API for cross-database access, including unified data type mapping, SQL dialect abstraction, connection aliases.
- First-class support for many database-specific features, including backup, restore, validation, SQL scripting.
- Advanced Data Access Options, including Array DML, Live Data Window mode, full Unicode support.
- Delphi 5 to Delphi XE2, C++ Builder 5 to C++ Builder XE2, Lazarus / Free Pascal on Win32, Win64, Linux32, Linux64, Mac OS X.
- Perfect integration as back-end driver for TMS AdvGrid, RemObjects Data Abstract, Fast Report, C4D kbmMW and more.
AnyDAC Natively Supported Databases
- Enterprise – Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2, Informix.
- Workgroup – Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB.
- Database in clouds – Microsoft SQL Azure.
- Desktop – SQLite, MS Access, BlackFish SQL, MS SQL CE, Advantage DB.
- Embedded – SQLite, Firebird Embedded, MySQL Embedded, Berkeley DB.
- Bridges – dbExpress, ODBC.
With best regards,
DA-SOFT Technologies Team
|Upscene Productions is proud to announce FB TraceManager V2.5.2, a professional environment to monitor, profile, trace and optimize Firebird databases.|
More information on the new release is available here:
This release fixes a critical stability issue and includes various minor bugfixes and adds experimental Firebird 3 trace support.
More information on the product is available in the FB TraceManager section on our website, including an edition comparison sheet, webcasts etc.:
I got this in my email box, maybe some of you would be interested:
Dear Carlos,I came across your name asking developers to send details of large companies who use firebird databases. I am actually an end-user who has the open mind to want a firebird database but cannot find anyone who does this programming. I am based in the UK and am told to ‘steer away’ from firebird as it is not proven, etc. etc.It really is quite disappointing and seems that there are many others like myself who would like to have an alternative but cannot find a developer. So I am the horse looking for water to drink – but there is no water…not like you describe leading the client to the water but not getting them to drink.Any suggestions?JT <email@example.com>